We help clients create new businesses and divisions, bring products to market, diversify operations, manage supply chain pressures, and navigate the always-changing issues and opportunities that agriculture and food industry participants frequently experience.
Barnes & Thornburg offers experienced counsel at all points along the value chain, including producers, agribusinesses, processors, manufacturers, distributors/wholesalers, cooperatives, retailers and suppliers.
Whether your legal needs are local, national or international, we bring the resources crucial to helping you protect and promote your interests. Our multidisciplinary approach is geared toward helping you leverage your position and capitalize on new opportunities that result from changing economic forces, shifting consumer preferences and competitive threats. Primary areas where we assist include corporate services, regulatory, intellectual property, litigation and dispute resolution, labor and employment, real estate and environmental.
Primary areas where we assist include:
- Venture formation
- Corporate transactions, including mergers and acquisitions
- Commercial finance and restructurings
- Corporate governance
- Supply/distribution agreements
- International trade
- Employee issues, including benefits, compensation and immigration
- Labeling and ingredients
- Environmental and permitting
- Government service
- Patent prosecution
- Research and development agreements
- Product development
Litigation and Dispute Resolution
- Commercial litigation
- Toxic torts
- Product liability
- Right to farm
- Food labeling and class action
- Environmental and mass torts
- Crop damage and failure to perform
- Arbitration and alternative dispute resolution
Labor & Employment
- Labor Issues
- Union agreements
- State and federal employment laws
We also advise clients on real estate and environmental matters.
Finding the right fit for your business is at the top of our list. We can serve up the resources you need to help you quickly and cost-effectively manage your transaction or solve your problem, whether it's simple or complex.