Regina "Gigi" S.E. Murphy Of Counsel
Gigi’s experience includes representing clients across many industries and jurisdictions in litigation matters in both state and federal court, including representing:
- Leading U.S. supplier of coated optical fibers in a trial before the International Trade Commission
- Leading global heart valve company in winning a $394 million dollar patent jury trial in federal court in Delaware
- Global leader in automotive dealer management systems in commercial litigation proceedings in federal court in New Jersey, Pennsylvania, New York, Texas, and California
- Leading branded pharmaceutical drug maker in successful ANDA patent trial in federal court in Delaware
- Internet search patentee in a multi-million dollar jury trial in federal court in Delaware
While in law school, Gigi worked as an intern for the Honorable Thomas L. Ambro, U.S. Court of Appeals for the Third Circuit; the Honorable Kevin J. Carey, District of Delaware, U.S. Bankruptcy Court; and the U.S. Attorney’s Office for the District of Delaware.
Gigi has an active pro bono practice including representing clients in post-conviction relief, civil rights, and protection from abuse proceedings. While in law school, Gigi was a senior editor on Penn’s Journal of Business Law and a member of the Penn Law National Trial Team. Gigi is a former Foreign Service officer and international business consultant. Prior to joining Barnes & Thornburg, she was an associate at Morris, Nichols, Arsht & Tunnell.
Barnes & Thornburg Joseph Maley Prop Bono Award, 2018
Penn Law’s Distinguished Pro Bono Service Award
U.S. Foreign Service Meritorious Honor Award, for her management of the Refugee Office at the American Consulate General in Hong Kong during a time of crisis