Kathryn A. Erickson Partner
Kathryn concentrates her practice in the areas of securities, mergers and acquisitions, venture capital and general corporate counseling. She represents a diverse base of public and private companies in a wide variety of transactions and matters, including public and private offerings of securities, Securities Act, Securities Exchange Act and Sarbanes-Oxley compliance, corporate governance issues, acquisitions and dispositions, fund formation and venture capital investments. She also represents NASDAQ listed companies as outside securities counsel. In addition, Kathryn services her clients' daily commercial and corporate needs and helps them navigate the securities regulatory environment.
Kathryn received her B.A. from Michigan State University in 1988, graduating with high honors, and she earned her J.D. from Northwestern University School of Law in 1991, where she was a member of the Journal of Criminal Law and Criminology.
Kathryn's experience includes representing:
- CECO Environmental Corp., a NASDAQ listed company in its cash and stock $210 million acquisition of Met-Pro Corporation, a NYSE listed company.
- A publicly-traded online brokerage firm in its sale of substantially all of its assets and its subsequent deregistration, liquidation and dissolution.
- An online brokerage firm, in its acquisition by a NASDAQ listed company, for a purchase price of $360 million in cash and stock.
- Ifbyphone, Inc. in its $30 million venture capital raise and subsequent acquisition.
- Foreign supplier in its add-on acquisition in the renewables industry.
- Foreign tourism company in its acquisition of US businesses.
- A fund in its formation and operation in peer-to-peer lending platform investments.
- A publicly-traded electronics manufacturer in a $100 million acquisition and change of control transaction.
- Multiple clients in private placements, including hedge funds, real estate developers and operating companies.
- Joint venture in its formation and operations in the automotive industry.
- A publicly traded Canadian online media company in multiple U.S. acquisitions.
- A NASDAQ listed issuer in a $42 million underwritten public equity offering.
- An underwriter in initial public offerings for pharmaceutical and food manufacturer issuers.
- Venture capital fund in multiple investment transactions, including equity and debt.
- A public company in private placements of equity and subordinated convertible promissory notes.
- An NYSE Amex listed staffing company in its acquisition by a financial buyer for $85 million.
- Public companies in establishing Dividend Reinvestment Plans.
- A technology start-up company in its business acquisitions, including patent licenses, and related convertible debt financing.