Insurance Considerations in Mergers and Acquisitions
Captivating CLE to help your company identify and navigate important insurance coverage issues in M&A deals. Reflecting the collaboration that is valuable in many transactions, attorneys from our Insurance Recovery and Counseling Practice Group are teaming up with our corporate attorneys for this online roundtable and live Q&A.
Topics will include:
- Buyer’s Insurance Due Diligence: How a buyer can assess the seller’s insurance coverage program, as well as its own.
- M&A Contract Terms Relating to Insurance: What coverages the parties will require and the wording of those requirements in the agreement.
- Underwriting and Modification of Insurance to Accommodate the Deal: What the buyer or seller may want to do to maximize coverage.
- Rep and Warranty Insurance: An insurance product that is becoming a more common tool for managing risk of representations and warranties included in the contract.
- Pollution Legal Liability Insurance: Insurance that can be instrumental when seller has significant pollution risk.
- Transfer of Seller’s Policy Rights to Buyer: How buyer can get coverage under seller’s policy despite a non-assignment provision in the policy.
Wednesday, March 16, 2016
3:00-4:30 p.m. (Eastern)
Barnes & Thornburg Speakers
Joel Bowers, Partner
Brent Coudron, Associate
Erik Daly, Partner
Charlie Edwards, Partner
Ken Gorenberg, Partner
Carrie Raver, Partner
Chris Yetka, Partner
1.5 Hours CLE Pending
This program is offered compliments of Barnes & Thornburg's Insurance Recovery and Counseling Practice Group and Corporate Department.
Questions? Contact Liz Abren at firstname.lastname@example.org or (317) 231-7369.