Attorney Presentations | Firm-Sponsored Events
HIPAA-HITECH Is Really Here
What: "HIPAA-HITECH Is Really Here: Preparing Covered Entities, Business Associates and Subcontractors for Compliance With the New Final HIPAA/HITECH Rule"
Where: This is a webinar and will be hosted online. Sign-in information will be sent to you upon completition of registration for this event.
Program Overview: HITECH was enacted in February of 2009, yet many of the major changes from HITECH have not been required until the U.S. Department of Health and Human Services (HHS) issued final rules. On January 25, 2013, HHS published its long-awaited final rule on HIPAA. Now HITECH is really here.
You are invited to join Barnes & Thornburg LLP on February 21, 2013 to participate in this free webinar, which will explain the significant changes to the federal HIPAA privacy and security law as a result of the new regulation. Designed for healthcare providers, health plans and business associates, this presentation will provide insight and practical guidance on the following topics:
- An explanation of the changes in HIPAA as a result of the final rule including the change to the breach notification rule
- How to interpret new guidance on applying HIPAA and HITECH to covered entities, their business associates and subcontractors
- Whether and how you need to change your business associate and subcontractor agreements
- Whether and how you need to change your HIPAA/HITECH policies
- Tips for reviewing and amending your notice of privacy practices