INDIANAPOLIS – Agriculture and food leaders from global companies, incubators and academia will be discussing new developments in their industries during Barnes & Thornburg LLP’s annual seminar, Planting the Seed 2018: Emerging Trends and Opportunities in the Agriculture and Food Industries, on May 9 at the firm’s Indianapolis office.
Kicking off the event will be keynote speaker Krysta Harden, who is vice president, external affairs and chief sustainability officer of Corteva Agriscience™, which is the agriculture division of DowDuPont™.
“It is a privilege to welcome Krysta and the other speakers to our annual seminar,” said William Wales, co-chair of Barnes & Thornburg’s Agriculture and Food Practice Group. “We look forward to hearing their perspectives on a variety of legal and industry topics that affect the work of those companies and institutions involved in bringing food from our farms to the kitchen.”
Event registration is free and can be accessed, along with the full event agenda, via www.btlaw.com. Networking begins at 11 a.m. and the seminar will last from 11:30 a.m. to 5 p.m. The seminar ends with a complimentary reception from 5 p.m. to 6 p.m.
- Krysta Harden, Vice President, External Affairs & Chief Sustainability Officer, Corteva Agriscience™, the agriculture division of DowDuPont™
- Gebisa Ejeta, Distinguished Professor/2009 World Food Prize Laureate, Purdue University School of Agriculture
- Rich Wolowski, President and Chief Executive Officer, Gordon Food Service
- Shaina Silva, Director of Industry Accelerators, RocketSpace (TERRA)
- Tom Lyons, Director, Product Center and Professor, Agricultural, Food, and Resource Economics, Michigan State University
- Harrison Pittman, Director, National Agricultural Law Center at the University of Arkansas
- Joe Alberts, Senior Litigation Counsel, Corteva Agriscience™, the agriculture division of DowDuPont™
- William Wales, Co-Chair, Agriculture and Food Practice Group, Barnes & Thornburg LLP
- Robert Stead, Co-Chair, Agriculture and Food Practice Group, Barnes & Thornburg LLP
- Eric Williams, Partner, Barnes & Thornburg LLP
- William Padgett, Partner, Barnes & Thornburg LLP
- Brian Burdick, Partner, Barnes & Thornburg LLP
- Brandt Hershman, Of Counsel, Barnes & Thornburg LLP
With more than 600 attorneys and other legal professionals, Barnes & Thornburg is one of the largest law firms in the country. The firm serves clients worldwide from 14 offices in Atlanta, California, Delaware, Indiana, Michigan, Minneapolis, Ohio, Texas and Washington, D.C.