The SECURE Act: Sweeping Changes to Rules for Employer-Sponsored Retirement Plans
12:30 - 1:30 p.m. (Eastern)
A new retirement plan law called the Setting Every Community Up for Retirement Enhancement (SECURE) Act makes significant changes to the rules that apply to tax advantage retirement plans provided by employers.
This webinar will discuss important new provisions of the SECURE Act impacting employer-sponsored retirement plans that go into effect in 2020. They include:
- The age for required minimum distributions
- Allowing certain part-time employees to participate in 401(k) plans
- Relaxing requirements for 401(k) safe harbor plans
- New participant disclosures for estimated lifetime income streams
- Portability of lifetime income streams
- A safe harbor for the selection of annuity providers
- Increased penalties for filing Form 5500s
- New opportunities for pooled plans for unrelated employers
- Plan withdrawals for expenses related to birth or adoption
1.0 hour CLE and HRCI credit pending. This program is valid for 1.0 PDCs for the SHRM-CP® or SHRM-SCP®
Questions? Contact Siara Reyes at email@example.com or 317-231-7211.