Impact of COVID-19 on Immigration
1 p.m. - 2:30 p.m. (Eastern)
COVID-19 is fundamentally affecting immigration to the United States and the management of immigration and employment verification processes. Join us for a presentation on the key immigration issues influenced by COVID-19. We will discuss:
- Remote operations and I-9 and E-Verify record management
- Impact of COVID-19 on USCIS operations
- Rescheduling of interviews, biometrics, etc.
- Suspension of premium processing and temporary acceptance of photocopied signatures
- Shifting blanket L visas and TN visas to USCIS
- Significance of layoffs, furloughs and reduced hours on H-1B status holders and other visa categories
- Managing OPTs and H-1B workers during a remote employment period
- H-1B lottery and expected timeline for results
- Impact on consular visa operations and foreign nationals in the U.S. visas, and on the Visa Waiver Program and ESTA
- Movement of people across the southern and northern U.S. borders
- Continuing repercussions of COVID-19 on immigration
1.5 hour CLE credit pending. This program is valid for 1.5 PDCs for the SHRM-CP® or SHRM-SCP®
Questions? Contact Siara Reyes at email@example.com or 317-231-7211.