7:30 - 8:20 a.m. Registration
8:20 a.m. - 4:00 p.m. Presentations
CLE credit has been requested.
RSVP to the ABA Labor and Employment Law Section at 312-988-5814 by September 21. Registration is $95 and covers attendance, course materials, lunch, and refreshment breaks.
The progam is designed to present a balanced discussion of the issues with experienced litigators from the defendant and plaintiff bars. The program will benefit both new and experienced employment law counsel.
Issues on the agenda include:
– Avoiding/exploiting pleading pitfalls
– Refining your discovery tactics
– Depositions that win cases
– Mediation and predispute resolution and investigation
– Summary judgment
– Overcoming obstacles presented by the temperamental judge and the difficult adversary
– Winning trial techniques and the importance of themes