Best Lawyers, a national legal ranking service, has recognized 17 Barnes & Thornburg attorneys as Lawyers of the Year in their respective areas of practice and geographic locations. The honorees include:
- Patrick E. Mears, Bankruptcy and Creditor Debtor Rights / Insolvency and Reorganization Law
- Tracy T. Larsen, Corporate Law
- Anne N. DePrez, Bet-the-Company Litigation
- Robert T. Grand, Municipal Law
- Donald E. Knebel, Intellectual Property
- Wayne C. Kreuscher, Mass Tort Litigation / Class Actions - Defendants
- John R. Maley, Litigation - Labor & Employment
- Thomas M. Maxwell, Banking and Finance Law
- Daniel W. McGill, Energy Law
- Mariana Richmond, Immigration Law
- Timothy J. Riffle, Litigation & Controversy - Tax
- James R. Sweeney II, Litigation - Patent
- Claudia V. Swhier, Financial Services Regulation Law
- Philip J. Faccenda, Jr., Public Finance Law
- Gerald F. Lutkus, Labor Law - Management
- Richard L. Mintz, Corporate Law
- D. William Moreau, Jr., Education Law
Best Lawyers designates "Lawyers of the Year" in high-profile legal specialties in large legal communities. Only a single lawyer in each specialty in each community is being honored as the "Lawyer of the Year." The lawyers being honored as "Lawyers of the Year" have received particularly high ratings in Best Lawyers surveys by earning a high level of respect among their peers for their abilities, professionalism, and integrity.
Best Lawyers compiles its lists of outstanding attorneys by conducting exhaustive peer-review surveys in which thousands of leading lawyers confidentially evaluate their professional peers.
With more than 550 attorneys and other legal professionals, Barnes & Thornburg is one of the 100 largest law firms in the country. The firm serves clients worldwide from its offices in Atlanta, Chicago, Delaware, Indiana, Los Angeles, Michigan, Minneapolis, Ohio and Washington, D.C. You can also visit us online at www.btlaw.com.