Adam K. Hollander is a partner in the Chicago office of Barnes & Thornburg LLP. He is a member of the firm’s Litigation Department and the firm’s Policyholder Insurance Recovery and Counseling Practice Group.
Mr. Hollander represents clients in complex civil litigation and helps insurance policyholders with coverage disputes involving first party property, business interruption, third party liability, professional liability, and D&O coverage. Mr. Hollander’s clients have included world leaders in the chemical, packaging, real estate, banking, pharmaceutical, healthcare, telecommunications, auto part, and child product manufacturing industries, and in the commodities and futures markets.
Mr. Hollander’s significant representations include:
- A chemical manufacturer in over $100 million products and environmental coverage actions.
- A REIT in over $100 million property damage and business interruption coverage actions involving damage to shopping mall complexes following Hurricane Katrina.
- A farm equipment manufacturer in multi-million dollar environmental coverage action.
- A chemical manufacturer in multi-million property damage and business interruption actions involving high temperature hydrogen attack to ammonia converter.
- A crayon manufacturer in multi-million dollar asbestos coverage action.
- A packaging company in bodily injury coverage claim arising out of The Station nightclub fire in Rhode Island.
- A religious organization in a multi-million dollar bodily injury coverage action involving alleged sexual abuse.
- A telecommunications company in an over $20 million environmental coverage action involving manufactured gas plant.
- An auto part manufacturer in a multi-million dollar asbestos coverage action.
- A leading commodities exchange in a multi-million dollar D&O coverage claim involving merger with mercantile exchange.
- An industrial supply company in a multi-million dollar asbestos coverage claim.
- A major financial institution involving more than $60 million for insurance and reinsurance supporting letter of credit facilities related to weather derivative transactions.
Mr. Hollander received his B.A. from Indiana University in 1989 and his J.D. with honors from DePaul University College of Law, where he was awarded Order of the Coif. Prior to joining Barnes & Thornburg, Mr. Hollander was with the Chicago office of Mayer Brown LLP.
Since 2011, Mr. Hollander has been ranked in Chambers USA on a yearly basis for his work with Insurance: Dispute Resolution in Illinois. He is admitted to practice in the State of Illinois, the United States District Courts for the Northern District of Illinois and Eastern District of Michigan, as well as the United States Court of Appeals for the 5th Circuit.