Barnes & Thornburg has a deep bench of experienced traditional labor lawyers dedicated exclusively to management interests. When handling labor matters, our focus is driven by the client’s goals. We don’t just play defense – we will work with you to help protect your market competitiveness while assisting you in avoiding labor disputes and workforce disruptions.
With more than 80 legal professionals spread across all of the firm’s offices, we advise companies throughout the country on how to remain union free and, if already unionized, in all aspects of labor relations.
We have experience in:
- Arbitrations, union representation elections, collective bargaining and NLRB matters
- Preparing for and dealing with work stoppages
- Taking legal steps to protect employers against unlawful activities by unions, such as secondary boycotts, illegal strikes and other related actions
We have represented clients opposite most major unions and throughout the United States. We regularly represent employers in a number of industries, including:
- Public Sector
Our clients range in size from small, family-owned businesses to Fortune 100 corporations. We also represent foreign-owned businesses; we are members of the international legal group TerraLex and are active with the Japan-America Society.
We are pleased to be recognized by our peers:
- U.S. News-Best Lawyers "Best Law Firm" 2015 ranked our firm a national Tier 1 for its Labor Law-Management practices.
- Corporate Counsel magazine named called us a Go-To Law Firm for Fortune 500 companies for labor and employment law. The firm was one of 20 firms that garnered the most mentions by corporate counsel and clients as part of the annual survey called “Who Represents America’s Biggest Companies 2014."
- Chambers USA 2016 gave our Labor & Employment Department its highest ranking, noting “Attorneys offer broad expertise in the space and are particularly active in traditional labor and management-side matters.”