Clients in the manufacturing and utilities industries call on us to guide them through the fine points of this highly regulated area of environmental law. Our attorneys advise companies regarding current and emerging clean air laws, regulations and initiatives – so you don’t get caught off guard – and have broad experience in environmental litigation.
When permitting terms are unclear or registration requirements are murky, we have the experience you need. Our clients range from small and mid-size companies with minimal air emissions to larger entities engaged in substantial industrial activities that result in major air emissions. We assist clients locally and nationally regarding all aspects of federal, state, and local laws regulating industrial and commercial activities that produce airborne emissions.
Typical clients are those in industries such as steel and other metal-producing and forming enterprises; electric generation facilities; petrochemical; fiberglass manufacturing; recreational vehicle manufacturing; and other manufacturing processes.
Our air attorneys address issues such as:
- Permit negotiations and appeals
- Planning for new or expanding operations
- New source review under the Prevention of Significant Deterioration (PSD) and Non-Attainment programs
- Compliance counseling
- Monitoring and reporting requirements
- Defending enforcement actions
- Hazardous air pollutants
- Ambient Air Quality Standards
- Emission limits and emission control technologies
- Banking and trading of Emission Reduction Credits
- Developing federal and state policies and rules
- Greenhouse gases
- Defending third-party litigation involving environmental organizations